What game heroes would you like to see at gambody?
This 3D model consists of files in StereoLithography (.Stl) format that have been optimized for 3D printing.
Before printing the files, we strongly recommend reading the PRINTING DETAILS section.
Version 1 and Version 2 are the STL files for Siege Tank 3D Model optimized for 3D printing, the preview pictures of which you see above.
It is recommended:
- to print Version 1 STL files on FDM/FFF 3D printers;
- to print Version 2 STL files on DLP/SLA/SLS 3D printers.
|File Name||File Size||Time / Filament|
2_assault_turret_sls (rep aired).stl
3 h 60 min
4_siege_turret_sls (repai red).stl
6 h 5 min
1_assault_body_sls (repai red).stl
17 h 9 min
17 h 11 min
This should take overall.
HISTORY OF THE SIEGE TANK
"These new siege tanks work just like the old ones. When you put 'em in siege mode they get increased range and firepower. They can't move in siege mode, so if you need to reposition 'em, just switch 'em back into tank mode."
- Chief Engineer Rory Swann
Siege tank is a fighting machine that gives to Terrans not only infantry support but also long-range firepower. This is not just a regular Tank to which we are accustomed. Its arsenal contains a huge set of weapons and he does not require support acting as a full-fledged killer on the battlefield. When it is in the "siege mode" the tank can not shoot at point-blank because of this it’s dead zone leaves the tank vulnerable to attacks by melee units. But this doesn’t prevent him from being the strongest ground weapon and, in combination with the MMM, can even overcome “Colossi". Even in the team, Siege Tanks show themselves very well. They do not shoot all together in one target, they kill in turns that do not allow the enemy to catch the tank on a recharge and destroy.
ABOUT THIS 3D MODEL
Siege Tank 3D model for printing was created in Autodesk MAYA. The model is saved in STL files, a format supported by most 3D printers.
All parts in this model are divided in a special way so that they will print with minimal use of support material.
The entire Tank is made with the maximum possible number of moving parts. It accurately repeats the movement of the model from the game on the basis of which author was taking inspiration.
FDM version features:
- Front and back tracks of this Tank can rise and rotate.
- You can print caterpillars with flexible material and they will be able to spin on your tank, thanks to the spinning wheels.
- Middle tracks made with a hidden doors that can be opened.
- Retractable-prefabricated lifters which you can put forward when the tank goes into siege mode.
- The tower turns at 360 degrees and has retractable guns.
- For this model, you will need 46 connectors. Since that all connectors are the same, you need to print one connector 46 times. You can find this file of connector under the name 83_Ge_connector_x46.stl
- The hull is available as divided into two pieces. 75 and 76 parts of this model are the same like part number 2. Its made for those who have small buildplate.
- For divided hull, you will need 4 connectors. If you will print solid part of hull than you will spend 42 connectors for this model.
SLS/SLA version features:
- less then FDM and made in two modes:
- Assault mode;
- Siege mode.
All .STL files for 3D printing have been checked in Netfabb and no errors were shown.
Note: This model contains 46 connectors! You can find 1 file of the connector (83_Ge_connector_x46.stl) which you need to print 46 times.
Before starting 3D printing the model, read the Printing Details for CURA 2.7.0. software.
There are 82 + 46(connectors) parts for FDM version and 4 parts for SLS/SLA.
All parts of connectors should be printed at 100% infill.
Scale: Its length in real life is 19320 mm in siege mode and 18660 in assault mode. Model made as 1/60 scale in FDM version and 1/100 in SLS/SLA version.
FDM version dimensions:
- After being printed will stand 155 mm tall, 281 mm wide, 322 mm deep - In Siege Mod.
95 mm tall, 213 mm wide, 311 mm deep - In Assault Mod.
- Connectors should be printed at 100% infill to make them solid.
SLS/SLA version dimensions:
- After being printed will stand 52 mm tall, 109 mm wide, 112 mm deep - In Siege Mod.
37 mm tall, 83 mm wide, 121 mm deep - In Assault Mod.
- Has few details to keep printing costs down.
WHAT WILL YOU GET AFTER PURCHASE?
- .STL files of Siege Tank for printing which consist of 87 parts.
- Movable tracks, caterpillars, wheels, lifters and tower.
- Siege Tank can be in two poses: Siege and Assault.
- Divided hull in two pieces for small buildplate.
- Made in scale 1/60 for FDM version and 1/100 for SLS/SLA of Its real size.
- Detailed settings that we provide for Cura 2.7.0 for the best print.
- High-poly detailed model of Siege Tank.
- Full technical support from the Gambody Support Team.
You can get StarCraft Siege Tank Model for 3D Printing right now! Just click the green Buy button in the top-right corner of the model’s page. You can pay with PayPal or your credit card.
Also, you may like another StarCraft 3D models.
On 21.12.2017 the model files for Version 1 (FDM/FFF 3D printers) have been optimized.
Here is the list of updated files:
* 53-1_side_center_out_a (repaired) \
* 53-2_rail_R (repaired); | instead (53_side_center_out_a)
* 53-3_rail_L (repaired); /
* 61-1_side_center_out_b (repaired); \
* 61-2_rail_R (repaired); | instead (61_side_center_out_b)
* 61-3_rail_L (repaired); /
* 77_cat_a_only_for_flexible (repaired)
* 78_cat_b_only_for_flexible (repaired)
* 79_cat_c_only_for_flexible (repaired)
* 80_cat_d_only_for_flexible (repaired)
* 81_cat_center_a_(only_for_flexible) (repaired)
* 82_cat_center_b_(only_for_flexible) (repaired)
* 84_gofra_4x_only_for_flexible (repaired) - Need to print 4 times.
* 85_Ge_connector_mini_8x (repaired) - Need to print 8 times.
* 86_tube_x8 (repaired) - Need to print 8 times.
STL files are already available for download in “Source files” tab for Version 1 (FDM/FFF 3D printers). You can find them at the end of the list.
Where can I print a model if I have no printer?
How to get started with 3D printing?
How to set up my 3D printer?
How to choose right 3D model print bed positioning?
How to paint printed figurine?
This model was tested in Cura 2.7.0. and printed on an Ultimaker 2 in PLA material.
Note: For this model, you need 46 connectors. You can find one file of the connector (83_Ge_connector_x46.stl) which you need to print 46 times. All connectors should be printed at 100% infill to make them solid.
To avoid printing problems, we recommend the following settings:
Layer Height: 0.1 mm
Initial Layer Height: 0.27 mm
Line Width: 0.35 mm
Wall Line Width: 0.35 mm
Outer Wall Line Width: 0.35 mm
Inner Wall(s) Line Width: 0.35 mm
Top/Bottom Line Width: 0.35 mm
Infill Line Width: 0.35 mm
Skirt/Brim Line Width: 0.35 mm
Support Line Width: 0.35 mm
Initial Layer Line Width: 100%
Wall Thickness: 1.05 mm
Wall Line Count: 3
Outer Wall Wipe Distance: 0.2 mm
Top Surface Skin Layers: 0
Top/Bottom Thickness: 0.8 mm
Top Thickness: 0.8 mm
Top Layers: 8
Bottom Thickness: 0.8 mm
Bottom Layers: 8
Top/Bottom Pattern: Lines
Bottom Pattern Initial Layer: Lines
Top/Bottom Line Directions: [ ]
Outer Wall Inset: 0.025 mm
Compensate Wall Overlaps: Check
Compensate Outer Wall Overlaps: Check
Compensate Inner Wall Overlaps: Check
Fill Gaps Between Walls: Everywhere
Horizontal Expansion: 0 mm
Initial Layer Horizontal Expansion: 0 mm
Z Seam Alignment: Shortest
Ignore Small Z Gaps: Check
Infill Density: 20% (all connectors should be printed at 100% infill)
Infill Line Distance: 3.5 mm
Infill Pattern: Grid
Infill Line Directions: [ ]
Infill Overlap Percentage: 10%
Infill Overlap: 0.035 mm
Skin Overlap Percentage: 5%
Skin Overlap: 0.0175 mm
Infill Wipe Distance: 0.0875 mm
Infill Layer Thickness: 0.1 mm
Gradual Infill Steps: 0
Infill Before Walls: Check
Minimum Infill Area: 0 mm2
Enable Retraction: Check
Retraction Extra Prime Amount: 0 mm3
Retraction Minimum Travel: 0.7 mm
Maximum Retraction Count: 90
Minimum Extrusion Distance Window: 6.5 mm
Nozzle Switch Retraction Distance: 20 mm
Nozzle Switch Retraction Speed: 20 mm/s
Nozzle Switch Retract Speed: 20 mm/s
Nozzle Switch Prime Speed: 20 mm/s
Print Speed: 45 mm/s
Infill Speed: 45 mm/s
Wall Speed: 36 mm/s
Outer Wall Speed: 26 mm/s
Inner Wall Speed: 36 mm/s
Top/Bottom Speed 20 mm/s
Support Speed: 26 mm/s
Support Infill Speed: 26 mm/s
Travel Speed: 90 mm/s
Initial Layer Speed: 27 mm/s
Initial Layer Print Speed: 27 mm/s
Initial Layer Travel Speed: 54 mm/s
Skirt/Brim Speed: 27 mm/s
Maximum Z Speed: 0 mm/s
Number of Slower Layers: 2
Combing Mode: All
Avoid Printed Parts when Traveling: Check
Travel Avoid Distance: 0.6562 mm
Enable Print Cooling: Check
Fan Speed: 100%
Regular Fan Speed: 100%
Maximum Fan Speed: 100%
Regular/Maximum Fan Speed Threshold: 10 s
Initial Fan Speed: 0%
Regular Fan Speed at Height: 0.27 mm
Regular Fan Speed at Layer: 2
Minimum Layer Time: 5 s
Minimum Speed: 10 mm/s
Enable Support: Check
Support Placement: Everywhere
Support Overhang Angle: 50°
Support Pattern: Zig Zag
Connect Support ZigZags: Check
Support Density: 15 %
Support Line Distance: 2.3333 mm
Support Z Distance: 0.1 mm
Support Top Distance: 0.1 mm
Support Bottom Distance: 0.1 mm
Support X/Y Distance: 0.7 mm
Support Distance Priority: Z overrides X/Y
Minimum Support X/Y Distance: 0.2 mm
Support Stair Step Height: 0.3 mm
Support Stair Step Maximum Width: 5.0 mm
Support Join Distance: 2.0 mm
Support Horizontal Expansion: 0.2 mm
Support Infill Layer Thickness: 0.1 mm
Use Towers: Check
Tower Diameter: 3.0 mm
Minimum Diameter: 3.0 mm
Tower Roof Angle: 65°
Build Plate Adhesion
Build Plate Adhesion Type: Brim
Skirt/Brim Minimum Length: 250 mm
Brim Width: 8.0 mm
Brim Line Count: 23
Brim Only on Outside: Check
Union Overlapping Volumes: Check
Merged Meshes Overlap: 0.15 mm
Print Sequence: All at Once
Surface Mode: Normal
Extra Skin Wall Count: 0
Disclaimer: This model will look outstanding if printed on SLA/SLS 3D printer. The accuracy of the model printed on FFF printer can vary from the result shown in the pictures.